To be honest, I’m not sure what to make of the whole awards “thing” on WordPress. Obviously I like that someone is moved enough to nominate me and I guess really that this should be enough… actually, yes it is so what-the-heck!!!
Over the past couple of months, I’ve been nominated for two awards so firstly, thank you to Spiritual World Traveler for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger award. Secondly, thank you to GETSETANDGO for nominating me for The Addictive Blog award… addictive?? I kind of like that🙂
Now, there ARE rules…
Very Inspiring Blogger Award Rules:
- Display the award logo on your blog
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- State 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements
In this instance, Spiritual World Traveler has put a twist on the rules and add that you share 7 inspiring things about yourself. Hmmm…. OK!
The Addictive Blog Award Rules:
- Thank the person awarding you
- Share a little about why you blog and how the journey started
- Paste the blog award on your page
- Nominate 10 other bloggers you feel deserve the award
From the Very Inspiring Blogger Award Rules here are “Seven (inspirational) things” – it’s quite likely that by the time I finish this, I’ll have changed my mind about them!
- I am a great believer of using arts and specifically in my case, music and photography (and poetry) as form of holistic “well-being” therapy… I’m not sure how best to express this really. I feel that these things can help over-come trauma, depression and many other things. I have actually written about the use of photography in a previous blog post entitled Photography as Therapy which follows a blog post from the UK based charity Mind, a charity that I support that deals with mental health issues. Music, poetry, writing and just about any expressive past-time also has the same benefits.
- I took part in a charity bike-ride along the River Nile in Egypt for the British Heart Foundation in 2006 – a very moving experience and I raised over £4,000! Please click here to view the photographs. During the run up to the bike ride, I hosted a few events and visited a few schools in order to raise awareness about what I was doing, raise money and spread the message about the BHF.
- There are many people in this world who inspire me but two of the most inspirational people in my life are my children Dale & Heather. Their reactions and mixed enthusiasm to growing up, the changing world and all the events that have have happened, both good and bad have taught me much. They are both finding their own paths in life and I am proud of them both.
- I like to think outside the box and as laterally as I can about as many experiences as possible and encourage others to do the same – sometimes having many perspectives on a particular issue can be fun even if the issue doesn’t get solved🙂
- I love nature and anything to do with nature, I try to be a good ambassador for sustainable and eco-tourism and believe music and art can pay an important role in this. My mission statement as far as what I offer to people, is “to offer the highest quality photography experiences whilst promoting a healthy respect for the surrounding environment and nature.”
- If faced with a choice between two experiences; one that I know and one that I don’t, I will always look at the experience I don’t know in favour of the other. I like to gather experiences and believe that it’s not important to learn or gain anything from these experiences further than simply enjoying them. Of course if you can learn anything else or the experience can benefit you in any other way, so much the better.
- I try to trust my own instincts which is NOT as easy as it sounds. In life I’ve found that almost ALL the messes I have gotten myself into are as a result of following the advice of others… arguably you can say that it was my instinct to trust this advice, but then we get into philosophical discussions about what constitutes free-will, etc… LOL or jeje as they say in Spain!
For those that I nominate, please give the seven things in just one word!
Now from the rules of The Addictive Blog Award “Share a little about why you blog and how the journey started”
I started this blog as a means of promoting the work I do, see – Cabo de Gata Photography and ultimately to advertise to potential clients but as the blog was developing, I realised that I have much more to say. Yes, I want to promote what I do but also I am passionate about what I do in the context of how and where I do it. I love to write articles about where I live and show the natural and cultural heritage as I understand it, hopefully also being factually correct. I am moved and inspired by nature and the environment and so my blog articles are very bias towards this.
Right now my nominations in no particular order…
Very Inspiring Blogger Award
- Spiritual World Traveler
- JUMP FOR JOY! Photo Project
- Emily’s Photography Blog
- Ummanaal’s Musings
- Charity Spring
- Deeper Meanings
- The Hitchhikers’ Handbook
- Cornwall – a photographic journey
- Visit Almería
- The Bumble Files
- Focused Moments
The Addictive Blog Award
- Victoria Judy Photography
- Fabulous 50’s
- ¡Hola Yessica!
- My Own Horizons
- Canadian Hiking Photography
- Rodposse – Pause
- Travel Photography by Dmitrii Lezine
- Leanne Cole Photography
- maldita matilda
Possibly my favourite “people” photograph of last year, so much can be read into it!
My favourite “landscape” of last year, I have posted this a few times so sorry to those who may be bored seeing it! The light was amazing and whilst everyone else was watching the sunset, I was looking at this.
My favourite “animal” photo.
So all that done, happy new year y’all!! Paz y luz a todos🙂